Thursday, February 23, 2012

Colorado Rockies - Opening Week 2007 - Coors Field


Some friends gave us their tickets to a Rockies game during opening week 2007.  I think that this was the second game of the season (we weren't good enough friends to give up opening day tickets for).  It was early enough in the year to still be a little chilly even in the middle of the afternoon.  It was a great excuse to get out of the office and spend a few hours out of doors.
I remember thinking after the game that we should get season tickets.  The official Rockies site listed season tickets at slightly less than a per game ticket price (it would be cheaper to buy season tickets than to buy tickets for each individual game).  After that, I looked up season tickets for the Denver Nuggets basketball season.  Nuggets season tickets were slightly more than individual ticket prices (I guess you pay a premium to have guaranteed tickets to every game).  I figured I was on a roll so I looked up the Denver Broncos next.  The Broncos didn't give a price for season tickets.  They said the wait list had 25,000 people on it ahead of me and that average wait time was 10-15 years for season tickets.  I guess they thought that I would be willing to pay any price for Denver Broncos Season Tickets, and that was before they got Tim Tebow.

No comments:

Post a Comment